Registrations have closed for the Spring Bootcamp.
Please note the change in day for the second session:
- Session 1 and welcome BBQ - Saturday 29th August. Drinks at the Beresford following from 3pm to meet the full team.
- Session 2 - Sunday 6th September
- Session 3 - Saturday 12th September
- Session 4 - Saturday 19th September
All sessions are held between 10am and 11:30 am on the above days.
Who can join the Bootcamp?
This event is open to anyone with a moderate fitness level who is over 18 and wants to learn about water polo. Bootcamp is ideal for those new to the sport or who are returning after a long absence. However if you are a current player or have current experience then contact our new recruits manager Ivan Buckingham.
What can I expect?
The Bootcamp is hosted over four Saturdays and is presented as an introduction to the sport of water polo, where you will be taught the core principles of the sport including:
The 4 week boot camp includes:
- How to do the eggbeater kick
- How to defend and attack
- Learn ball catching and throwing skills
- Taking a foul – good and bad fouls
- Learn water polo strokes
- Learn the rules of water polo
- Learn breath control when swimming
- Setting up the ‘D’
- And and BBQ lunch with the Stingers!!!
What do I need to play?
Boys: A pair of speedos. Girls: A one-piece bathing suit (as bikinis are not up to the challenges of the sport).
Most importantly participants need to have moderate to strong swimming skills and fitness, as it is a high intensity sport.
Where is it held?
The Bootcamp is held at our home training pool - Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre. View the map link above for directions. We can also organise transport for those that require it - please contact us if you need help with this.
How much does it cost?
The bootcamp costs $50 for the four weeks. This is payable on registration via credit card Pool entry each week is a discounted cost of $6 - please note to staff at the Ryde Pool that you are with the Stingers and this discount will be applied.
How to register?
Registration has closed for this event - please pre-register your interest for our next bootcamp in Autumn 2016.